Six years of experience developing a wide range of Web applications. Entrepreneurial, adaptive, self-starter with proven leadership and communications skills.
U.S. Veteran. Led teams in two combat tours in Iraq, awarded 6 medals.
- Python, Node.js, Scala, PHP, Java, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, MySQL, MongoDB
- C/C++, VBA, x86 and MIPS Assembly, Parallel Programming
- Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, MixPanel, LEAN Analytics, A/B Testing
- Trilingual in English, Russian, and Hebrew
Software Engineer, May 2016 – Present
Apixio Inc. (San Mateo, CA)
- Core member of a three-person team. Ported Back End from Python to Scala and implemented various Front End components for the main product offering, generating over $30M of revenue.
- Introduced and developed a suite of continuous integration tests, greatly improving overall quality and stability of the product.
- Designed and implemented multiple internal web applications, greatly simplifying day-to-day operations, resulting in a significant saving in labor costs.
Software Engineer, November 2014 – May 2016
Support.com (Redwood City, CA)
- Identified a major performance bottleneck and re-implemented a key Web Interface component, improving average page load time from 15 to 2 seconds.
- Implemented a stand-alone file uploading mechanism, to free up the main application server and to ensure that no customer data is lost during critical application failures.
Software Engineer, October 2013 – November 2014
Citrix Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
- Tech Lead for a complete rewrite of GoToMeeting Front End interface currently in use by millions of customers worldwide. Focused on responsive, mobile-first design, cross browser compatibility (including Internet Explorer 8), and localization for 5 languages across 10 different time zones.
Co-Founder and Software Engineer, January 2012 – September 2013
DigiSpoke Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
- Implemented 35% of Front End functionality and Back End integrations for Web based Visual Workflow Management platform as part of a three-person founding team, resulting in a B2B SaaS product currently in use by 200+ companies worldwide.
- Architected and maintained entire IT infrastructure including: Unix account administration, Git repository, Hudson – Continuous Integration, Google Apps for Business, HAProxy load balancing, SSL Certifications, and virtual server deployments via Amazon Web Services and SoftLayer Cloud Computing platforms.
Automation Engineer Co-Op, January 2011 – August 2011
Cisco Systems, Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Supported LAMP stack based Co-Op/Intern recruiting and performance tracking application and implemented various reporting and automation scripts using PHP, Tcl and Visual Basic for Applications.
- Master of Science, Computer Engineering and Networking, San Jose State University, May 2012
- Bachelor of Science, Computer Engineering, San Jose State University, May 2011
- Cybersecurity Course, Facebook & CodePath, Spring 2018
- Graph Search, Shortest Paths, and Data Structures, Coursera, February 2017
- Divide and Conquer, Sorting and Searching Algorithms, Coursera, January 2017
Sergeant, Infantry, September 2002 – September 2006
U.S. Marine Corps (Camp Pendleton, CA)