Summary of Qualifications
Five years of experience developing a wide range of web applications leveraging various front-end and back-end technologies. Led teams in two combat tours in Iraq, awarded 6 medals. Entrepreneurial, adaptive, self-starter with proven leadership and communications skills.
- M.S. Computer Engineering and Networking, San Jose State University, CA
- B.S. Computer Engineering, San Jose State University, CA
- Certificate in Computer-Aided Design, Shevah Mofet High School, Tel Aviv, Israel
Full Stack Software Engineer
05/2016 – Present, Apixio, San Mateo, CA
Full Stack Software Engineer
11/2014 – 05/2016, Support.com, Redwood City, CA
- Identified a major performance bottleneck and re-implemented a key Web Interface component, improving average page load time from 15 to 2 seconds.
- Designed and implemented a stand-alone file uploading mechanism, to free up the main application server and to ensure that no customer data is lost during a critical application failure.
Front End Software Engineer
10/2013 – 11/2014, Citrix Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
- Key contributor for a complete re-implementation of GoToMeeting Web interface currently in use by millions of customers worldwide. Focused on responsive, mobile-‐first design, cross browser compatibility (including Internet Explorer 8), and localization for 5 languages across 10 different time zones.
- Implemented 40% of a Beta Web interface that greatly simplifies user experience while joining an online meeting, increasing average customer engagement by over 300%.
- Architected and developed an admin API, to streamline routine maintenance tasks associated with the Beta product, eliminating the need for manual database manipulation.
Co-Founder and Software Engineer
01/2012 – 10/2013, DigiSpoke Inc. (San Francisco, CA)
- Implemented 35% of Front End functionality and Back End integrations for Web based Visual Workflow Management platform as part of 3 men founding team, resulting in a B2B SaaS product currently in use by 500+ companies worldwide.
- Architected and maintained entire IT infrastructure including Unix account administration, Git repository, Hudson continuous integration, Google Apps for Business, HAProxy load balancing, SSL Certifications, and virtual server deployments via Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Softlayer cloud computing platforms.
- Deployed customer facing website using WordPress platform. Optimized marketing message, created promotional videos, and leveraged social networks to sign up 1000+ companies, at 25% conversion rate, with zero-dollar marketing budget.
- Leveraged LinkedIn, Twitter, and AngelList API’s and web scraping techniques to populate database of 5000+ prospective investors, prioritized by strength of their connection to the founding team and variety of other factors.
- Coordinated fundraising activities, generating 70% of all investor meetings.
Full Stack Software Engineer – Contract
10/2012 – 02/2013, Lucky Pacific Networks (Redwood City, CA)
- Redesigned, developed, and deployed proprietary affiliate offer router facing 30K+ daily users with near zero downtime, resulting in 100% server performance increase and reducing user drop-off rate by approximately 20%.
- Engineered machine learning algorithm, allowing users to be presented with highest converting offers first, improving overall router revenue by 50%.
- Developed a lead capturing solution optimized for mobile traffic, allowing the company to target new streams of revenue.
Automation Engineer Co-Op
01/2011 – 08/2011, Cisco Systems Inc. (San Jose, CA)
- Supported LAMP stack based Co-Op/Intern recruiting and performance tracking application and implemented various reporting and automation scripts using PHP, Tcl and Visual Basic for Applications.
- Supervised 3rd-party software development of hardware prototype tracking application. Designed functional test plans, validated deliverables, and reported on offshore vendor effectiveness.
- Coordinated product failure analysis workflows across hardware and software engineering teams. Worked directly with component suppliers to resolve product defects, maximizing customer satisfaction.
- Utilized automated test scripts and manual debugging with oscilloscopes, voltmeters, and JTAG equipment to troubleshoot defective enterprise grade routers.
09/2002 – 09/2006, United States Marine Corps (Camp Pendleton, CA)
- Led teams of up to 10 marines in hostile environments during two separate combat deployments.
- Supervised live fire training exercises involving 200+ marines. Maintained communications with leadership personnel and base-wide range control center, ensuring safe execution of over 60 training exercises.
- Presented formal lecture curriculum of critical communication and survival protocols to large audiences of 100+ students.
- Assisted in updating standard operations procedure manual for field exercises, included in mandatory Marine Corps recruit training.
Honors, Awards, and Additional Skills
- Deans Honor List, San Jose State University, San Jose, CA
- 10 Medals/Ribbons/Awards – Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Trilingual in English, Russian, and Hebrew